Poisoning from carbon monoxide (CO) can induce hearing loss and brain damage. This type of hearing loss is known as sensorineural hearing loss, meaning damage occurs in the cochlea or vestibular nerve.
CO exposure causes hair cells in the ear to die off and intensifies symptoms of noise-induced hearing loss.
Make sure your home, apartment complex, and place of business have a carbon monoxide detector.
There is currently no way to restore damaged inner ear hair cells, but treatment with hearing aids can be beneficial if there is any loss of hearing.
If you or a loved one experience hearing loss for any reason, please contact us at Pure Sound Hearing for a complimentary hearing test and consultation.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.