Have you ever wondered what the loudest animal is, or where the quietest place on Earth is located? Take this quiz to find those answers along with other hearing and sound facts!
1. What are the loudest animals in the world?
B.) Grizzly Bears
2. A study of over 3,000 adults were asked to name their most and least favorite sounds. Which of the following were they?
A.) A Cat purring and nails scratching a chalkboard.
B.) Crackling sound of a fire and a cell phone ringing.
C.) Wine pouring into a glass and children yelling.
3. Where is the quietest place on Earth?
A.) Microsoft’s anechoic chamber, known as Building 87, in Redmond, WA.
B.) Orfield Laboratories in Minneapolis, MN.
C.) Atlantic Ocean Road (or “Atlanterhavsveien”) in Norway.
4. If you get goosebumps while listening to a song, your body may be reacting because it thinks you are:
5. Which of the following animals has the most sensitive hearing?
6. How do your ears help you stay balanced?
A.) They know how your head moves.
B.) They feature a hormone that balances you.
C.) They have an equal amount of fluid in each ear.
7. To prevent your ears from getting plugged while you fly on a plane, DO NOT engage in this during the landing:
8. A couple drops of _______ can assist in softening and clearing out earwax:
A.) Baby oil
B.) Mineral oil
Let’s see how you did!
If you, or a loved one, are experiencing any difficulties with hearing, please contact us at Pure Sound Hearing Aids for a free hearing test and consultation. We offer a wide variety of hearing aid options for you individual needs.