Hearing loss affects all aspects of your life, from your emotional and physical health to your career and recreational activities.
Millions of people who suffer from hearing loss continue to leave it untreated, even though there have been studies that indicated connections between hearing loss that goes untreated and a rise in anxiety, dementia, depression, the risk of falls, and being hospitalized.
8 Statistics on hearing loss
1. Two-thirds of adults over the age of 70 are affected by hearing loss.
2. 500 million people under 65 are affected by hearing loss.
3. About 750 million people across the globe are affected by hearing loss.
4. Adults who have not treated their hearing loss are more likely to experience anxiety, depression, and paranoia than those who sought treatment with hearing aids.
5. Adults who suffer from hearing loss are five times more likely to develop dementia.
6. Hearing loss is associated with a three-fold risk of falls.
7. Those with hearing loss are up to 50 percent more likely to experience accidental injuries.
8. 8 out of 10 indicated that hearing aids have improved the quality of their life.
Hearing loss affects your emotional health
Healthy hearing abilities allow us to enjoy things like the sound of conversations with your family and friends, laughter, music, and nature. Hearing these sounds help make life more fulfilling and enjoyable.
If you can no longer hear, those sounds that you enjoyed fade away. Many people don't realize the value of hearing until it is gone.
3 different ways that hearing loss escalates the risk of dementia:
1. Hearing loss can lead to social isolation, which is a risk for dementia.
2. Hearing loss alters cognitive abilities. The brain will take the energy that is needed for memory and thinking in order to make up for the hearing loss.
3. Hearing loss has been shown to accelerate atrophy in the brain or shrinkage.
How hearing loss affects your daily life
Hearing lets you remain connected to the rest of the world. It could be communicating with friends, family, and colleagues, or enjoying a movie or the sounds of nature.
Here are some things in your life that could be affected:
The benefits of using a hearing aid
Many hearing aid users have reported meaningful improvements in their relationships with others and a feeling more independent.
If you, or a loved one, are experiencing hearing loss, do not wait to get treatment. Contact us at Pure Sound Hearing Aids for a free hearing test and consultation. We offer a vast selection of hearing aid brands for a wide range of hearing loss.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.